Monday, November 10, 2008

Great Friend


Okay, I was at Hobby Lobby today..and walked past a picture frame that said...Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget...

Instantly I thought of Kristi and it was like she had died all over again..it took all I had to push Amara out of there and not break down..(and of coarse I bought the frame)..who cares about a budget in moments like these. So I managed to get home and write this:


Today is hard. They say grief comes in waves but sometimes I wish it would be one gigantic tsunami and then subside forever. But no.... it comes in waves, waves that will always crash in on my soul at inconvenient, unannounced times.

Today I am wondering why? Why did my best friend in the world...the best friend I have ever known...have to die? Die at 28 years old and leave a beautiful blue eyed baby girl behind.

I feel like in the instant she died, a piece of my heart was ripped out of my chest....I keep thinking it will grow back...or maybe it's just lost...but what if I never find it?

But I know good and well that piece is gone...gone with Kristi, and it's rightfully hers.

Thank God he created the place of no sorrow and there she is smiling, laughing that laugh of hers at the feet of Jesus.

Thank God I know deep down, down beneath my waves of grief...I will have my whole heart back one day...one day when I'm sitting there smiling and laughing that laugh of mine...all together at the feet of Jesus.


1 comment:

Karen L Pfau said...

This was so touching. We know Kristi's husband, Gary. Haven't seen him in years and lost contact. Did not know he married and has a beautiful baby girl. Sorry to learn of the passing of his wife. Your words of compassion truly touched my heart and answered the questions that I did not want to ask of him. Thank you.